Barnet Hospital – Wellhouse Lane, Barnet.
Main Building Boiler Replacement.
- Through competitive tender of a major F M business procurement department, Barrowbrooks Ltd were awarded the boiler replacement programme on the above site.
- Barrowbrooks Ltd planned the decommissioning of the main boilers on site and selected two new 1200kw replacement boilers for installation.
- Barrowbrooks Ltd worked closely with the Facilities Maintenance business to ensure programmes were met to ensure the free running of the Hospital and that all services were delivered to the hospital as requested.
- All works were carried out by Barrowbrooks Ltd in the entirety.
- Project involved a lift and shift, re-engineering of the mechanical pipework, trend controls, electrical supply and selection of replacement Hoval boilers along with new re-engineered flues.
- All project meetings and site co-ordination was carried out by Barrowbrooks Ltd.
Threadneedle Investments - 60 St Mary Axe
Main Building Chiller Replacement 2013
- Carry out building dilapidation report for a leading blue chip company within the City of London.
- Planned the strategic replacement and service coordination of the single Carrier 700Kw air cooled water chiller.
- Selected two 350Kw Carrier AquaSnap air cooled water chillers as suitable replacement options following market research on a number of manufactures.
- Divide the existing Carrier chiller into two separate parts to limit required crane size and enable removal without the need for costly civil engineering works.
- Coordinated services to enable the successful decommissioning and replacement of the building chilled water plant over a single weekend period enabling normal building services to continue uninterrupted.
- Project involved re-engineering of chilled water pipework, supporting steelwork, Trend BMS controls integration, trace heating extension & reinstatement not forgetting a central London road closure and crane lift.
- All project support meetings, planning and site coordination were closely arranged with site facilities team and brought in on time and within budget.
VRV air conditioning installation at Bedford Hospital in the Pathology department.
- Won the project through competitive tender from the NHS trust consultant.
- Supplied and installed the entire VRV a/c system out of normal working hours. Including the new external plinths and metal surface and compound.
- This was a very involved job with a crane, external compound and a/c installation carried out by Barrowbrooks internal team.
Upgrade to a Sterile Services Department (SSD) ventilation project to a greater London Hospital.
SSDs have to be kept at a positive pressure and we also removed the r22 from site on this project. r22 is banned within the refrigeration systems from the end of this year.
These works were planned and co-ordinated by our internal team. This was an intricate job with restricted working hours to allow the hospital to operate.
Here is a copy of the conditioning report for